UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

July 2010

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Carole Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 2010 03:00:02 +0000
Hi Gang-
Sounded really good tonight. Thank goodness for cooler weather. The "distant" crowd certainly seemed to enjoy it! Had many nice compliments afterwards. Also heard that they were many positive comments about the fact that they got a program book to read.
Job well done .. thanks.

Tomorrow for the Prouty.
I'll be heading up by around 8:45 so if we're not going to do it, will let you know prior to that. So watch your email!

They know that there will be numerous drivers and cars. You can pull up to the corner where we are playing to drop off your instrument and CHAIR. Then you can continue on to Parking Lot A. There will be a shuttle bus that will bring you back to the corner ... just tell the driver that you want to get off at the SAG stop.

(if you're coming from Lebanon you can take a right onto E. Wheelock St .... that's the 2nd light after the "Y' .... Parking lot A is up there just a little way.)
(if you're coming from Hanover pass the Inn, the Hop, Robinson Gym, the tennis courts ... go straight at the lights)

You'll see the tent for the "SAG stop" on the lawn of the big white apt. house. We'll be playing beside that.

If you haven't gotten an email from me by 9am, please assume that we will be playing. Ernst will also have a tent for us, if we need it. We'll be playing out of March & Swing and Pop Classics

When we are finished, the people at the SAG stop will call the coordinator and they will send a bus to take us all back to Lot A

We are playing from 10 ish - 11:15 ish

AND ... next week .. Monday - Lebanon - Colburn Park -- 7:00 pm (we'll be doing Mikado and That's a Plenty)
                     Wednesday - Sunapee - Ben Mere Bandstand - 7:00 pm with an intermission ... we play until 9
                     Saturday - Dorchester Old Home Days - 6:00 pm  - SAUSAGES!
                     Sunday - West Lebanon - Kilton Library Dedication - 12:45 pm

ALSO ... forgot to mention to you tonight. The gentleman from Reading called on Tuesday night (7/6) They want us to play in their parade July 3rd - 2011 and do a mini concert. You all game?? That's a fun parade and the only reason we didn't do it this year was that the 4th fell on a Sunday and we we're already booked! Please remind me to mention it on Monday and see a show of hands ;-) We've already got other requests for next year too ... Woodstock Alumni Day, Canaan, Newport just to name a few.

See you all sometime soon.
Thanks again
cb