UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

December 2010

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:50:53 -0500
Hi Everyone!

As we discussed during break last night, the most "polite" way to
share large files such as our Winter Concert poster with others is via
a link to a copy hosted on the UVCB.org web site. If you want to
announce the concert and provide a link, use language like the
following...

You can download the poster for the Upper Valley Community Band 2011
Winter Concert here:
http://uvcb.org/posters/UVCBPoster_Dec2010.pdf

NOTE: For those of you who would like to share your own large
documents via links but don't have your own server, consider using a
(free) lightweight service like <http://ge.tt> or a bit heavier (also
free) service like <http://box.net> A few committees in our church
have begun using esp. Box.net to share documents, etc. without sending
them through email. Please let me know if you have any questions...

John
PS: A link to the poster is also featured on our home page. Soon these
will be come collector's items! ;)

--
John S. Erickson, Ph.D.
http://bitwacker.com