UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

July 2010

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Carole Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2010 03:27:05 +0000
Hi Guys-
Sure hope you're all holding up with this heat! Keep your fingers crossed that it will cool off by Friday night and Saturday morning!

Our weekend schedule is as follows:

FRIDAY:
Concert - New London -  Starts at 6:30 PM (note start time)
Rain or shine. If the weather permits, we'll be outside in front of the bandstand
If it's raining, we'll be playing in the town hall (to the right of the bandstand - as you're facing it)

Program and directions are below.

SATURDAY:
"Mini" concert - Hanover - for the Prouty
We'll be playing from 10 am to about 11:15 or 11:30
We'll be playing the march books, pop classics, and march & swing

Below are the directions

Look forward to seeing you this weekend. Stay cool
cb

---------

Directions to New London:

From Lebanon/White River/Hanover area:
Rte. I-89 South to Exit 12 – New London
At bottom of ramp take a left onto Rte. 11
Follow into New London.
You’ll go around a “round about” .. keep straight ahead
You’ll come to a sharp curve that goes to your right … follow it onto Main St.
A little way down you’ll see the bandstand on your left … sits back away from the road
       (after the New London Inn)

OR

Rte 89 North to exit 11, King Hill Rd.
At the bottom of the exit ramp turn right onto Rte 11 towards New London.
At flashing light, take a left onto Main St. (Rte 114)
Follow into town … look for bandstand on the left after Colby Sawyer College and
    Town Hall

The rain site is the town hall … as you’re facing the bandstand, it is the building at the
    right hand side of the common.
-------------

Upper Valley Community Band
Concert - 7:00 PM
Mary Haddad Bandstand
New London, NH
July 9, 2010

SSB
Black Horse Troop
Blue Tango
Air for Winds
Symphony of Sitcoms, A - CBP
Gardes du Corps
Salute to the Cinema
With Pleasure
Tribute to Rodgers & Hammerstein*
Let Me Call You Sweetheart*
Patriotic Sing-a-Long* - CBP
Let There Be Peace on Earth* - CBP
Just a Closer Walk with Thee
Colonel Bogey
S&S

Directions to Hanover (corner of  E. Wheelock and South Park St.)

Rte. I-89 to Exit 18 – Hanover/Lebanon
At end of ramp head to Hanover on Rte. 120
Go as though you were going to rehearsal at the High School … however
        at “Y” intersection stay to the right (Rte. 120)
Go to second traffic light – that’s E. Wheelock (also Rte. 10)
We’re playing at that intersection.

Watch your emails …. If it’s raining we will not perform. Remember … it may be raining where you live, but not in Hanover. Will let you know as soon as possible via email IF we are NOT playing.