UVCB-MEMBERS Archives

September 2010

UVCB-MEMBERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Carole Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2010 00:49:31 +0000
Hi All and welcome to September and a new year!!

Hope you all had a great August and Labor Day weekend! Time is quickly approaching for our first rehearsal of the year - next Monday. In the meantime, HOWEVER, we have a "mini" concert to play for the Ilead's 20th anniversary celebration.

It's all happening this coming Friday, Sept. 10th. We play at 4:15 in front of Hopkins Center in Hanover (weather permitting) - IF it's raining we'll be playing inside at the "top of the hop." We'll be playing for about 3/4 of an hour. We'll do the little books .. so nothing too demanding. Ernst will bring stands and percussion equipment, chairs will be provided. It'll be a good warm-up for Monday night!  ;-)

Parking will be in and around the area of the Dartmouth green - Hopkins Center. If you can't find a place there then you can go to Lebanon St., park in the lot opposite the Indian restaurant/St. Dennis' (go in where it says "do not enter")and take the pedestrian access that leads you over to the Hop.

For those of you not familiar with Hanover .. if you're coming North on I-91 take the Hanover exit, take a right at the end of the ramp and go straight across the bridge, up the hill to the lights. Hanover Inn and the Hop will be straight ahead on the right. If you're coming from I-89 head into Hanover and go past the High School - (that's Lebanon St.) you'll find the parking lot across from St. Dennis' or you can take a right by the football stadium, take a left at the end of the street and the Hop will be on your left.

Am happy to know that some of you signed up for the Great American Community Band festival. If you need more information please let me know. I'll send you what I can about the festival. I've emailed Dr. Toner to ask for answers to questions that a couple of you had ... ie .. when do we find out if we're accepted ... are they going to send the music ahead of time. Should get a response in a day or so ... will let you know when I hear from him.

Really look forward to getting back into the swing of things. Look forward to seeing everyone on Monday, if not before.
See you soon!
cb