UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2008, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"David L. Webb" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David L. Webb
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:45:37 -0400
--- Doug Hardy wrote:
While driving home along lower Bragg Hill Rd in Norwich this morning, we
heard a Louisiana Waterthrush. I jumped out of the car, and while
watching it briefly, I realized I was standing on snow and listening to
my first VT warbler of the the year.
--- end of quote ---

	I've heard a waterthrush near the bottom of Bragg Hill Road early in the season
for the past two years.  (I doubt that either of my birds actually set up
housekeeping there, as I only heard them for a couple of days early in the
spring both years.)

	I took a late afternoon bike ride up Bragg Hill today; highlights heard (near
the top of the hill) included Pine Warbler, Savannah Sparrow, and a beautiful
singing Eastern Bluebird.

			David Webb
			Hanover