UV-BIRDERS Archives

July 2007, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2007 13:33:31 -0400
Greetings Upper Valley birders -- some of you may have heard by now
that the VINS Conservation Biology group has decided to separate from
the mothership and forge a new identity.  As of c. September 1, we
will officially be the Institute of Conservation Ecology (ICE),
operating as an independent nonprofit group.  Other than hanging a
new signpost outside our door (we expect to be temporarily located in
White River Jct), little will change.  Our mission and mix of
programs will remain as is, while our commitment to avian
conservation and Vermont's birding community will be stronger than
ever.  We look forward to continuing our work with many of you
"citizen scientists", and we plan to become more directly involved in
birding-related activities.

This is a very exciting development for us and in no way signals an
unhappy departure from VINS.  We may well retain an affiliation with
VINS and an active role in helping inform their educational
programs.  This is truly a win-win situation.

For now, the entire Conservation Biology team (Steve Faccio, Eric
Hanson, Julie Hart, Dan Lambert, Kent McFarland, Roz Renfrew, and
Chris Rimmer) will remain under the VINS banner.  All of us will be
making the transition to ICE, and we look forward to continued
participation in the rich, often entertaining, exchange of
information that flows across this listserve.

Onward and upward.

Chris
Chris Rimmer
Conservation Biology Dept.