UV-BIRDERS Archives

February 2013, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2013 21:08:29 -0500
For anyone interested and available, I'm going to be at the VT side of
the Wilder Dam this Friday to observe the waterfowl roosting
assemblage.  I'll plan to be there by 5 pm and stay until it's too dark
to see, probably sometime between 5:45 and 6 pm.  This is an intriguing
spectacle, dominated by Common and Hooded Mergansers, with interesting
behaviors to observe and always the possibility of an unexpected
overnight visitor (Green-winged Teal in January, Common Goldeneye last
week).

Please dress warmly and bring binoculars and a spotting scope if you
have them.

Chris

--
Chris Rimmer