UV-BIRDERS Archives

October 2011, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jim Block <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Block <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2011 16:15:29 -0400
Thanks to the reminder by Blake Allison that wood ducks were still around
and sometimes visible, I spent some time early this morning at Clay Brook in
the gloomy fog.  My "anti-fog filter" allowed me to capture several pairs
before they spotted me hidden in the wet brush.  Photos are at
http://www.jimblockphoto.com/2011/10/wood-ducks-on-clay-brook/

Those for you interested in photography might want to take the quiz from a
weekend trip to Peacham in the preceding blog post:
http://www.jimblockphoto.com/2011/10/field-trip-photography-lessons/

Jim Block
Etna< NH