UV-BIRDERS Archives

February 2016, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Adam C. Burnett" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam C. Burnett
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 2016 03:31:43 +0000
This morning as I was headed to class, I saw a flock of waxwings that included a few Bohemians. The birds were feeding in crab apple trees along the east side of Observatory Road, next to Ripley Hall. There were about 60 Cedars and maybe 5 Bohemians, plus three robins also eating the crab apples. Later in the day, I stopped back by and found fewer Cedars but more Bohemians—approximately 40 Cedars and 15 Bohemians. I got absolutely stellar views of the birds, since they let me stand right next to the crab apples in which they were feeding. Getting eye-level views of both of these beautiful waxwing species from only a few feet away—close enough to make out the details of individual feathers, close enough to see reflections in the birds’ eyes—was definitely the highlight of my day.

Adam Burnett

Dartmouth College

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]:  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders

To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]:  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]