UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2012, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2012 15:18:10 -0400
Our resident Brown Thrasher has returned this weekend.  I also saw a female Harrier over the lower field yesterday.

The Tree Swallows and Bluebirds are checking out nesting boxes.  Last year we had
a real problem with House Wrens not only filling up nesting boxes and covering others' eggs, but also killing the
Tree Swallow young just before they were to fledge.  Any suggestions on how to discourage HOUSE WRENS???

Kit Hood
Sharon