UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2009, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"J. Langevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J. Langevin
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2009 00:01:39 -0500
Today we had a flock of 12 Evening Grosbeaks at our feeders.  Good mixture of M & F.

Yesterday one Red Breasted Nuthatch on the suet feeder.

Have seen 9 Wild Turkeys in Enfield Center on Jan. 2nd.

Had to stop for 5 Wild Turkeys in Springfield NH on Route 114 near the Georgesmill Road on Jan 4th.

Had a predator visitor on Jan 2nd also.  Heard crows at the edge of the woods calling and moving about like they were harassing either an owl or hawk. About 2 hrs later we returned home from errands.  We spent a few minutes in the garage and driveway. As I was approaching the house, I saw a large brown striped bird swoop in a horizontal fashion from the woods toward the deck where some of the feeders are. All I could see was the back of the bird.  It happened so fast I could not get an ID.
 J. Langevin
Enfield Center