UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2009, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"J. Langevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J. Langevin
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2009 13:44:04 -0500
    Noted 4 Pine Siskins at my niger seed feeder then later one lone A. Goldfinch.  Could not see any in the trees waiting.
    Have had Ravens come one or two at a time.  Road kill must be scarce.
    We find it humorous how they and the crows know when the trash collection days are. Out here it is Mondays and Tuesdays.  When trash is put out early, say on Sunday eve, they seem to have plenty of time to pick at and open the bags looking for a meal.  Many times we see several by the roadside pecking at trash bags while there is a lookout up in a nearby tree. They certainly can leave a mess.
    Oh well, they are God's creatures too.
J. Langevin
Enfield Center