UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2013, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Peter LaBelle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter LaBelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2013 12:18:25 -0400
This morning we took another walk at Union Village, saw some cool things, including our first Baltimore Oriole, still lots of yellow warblers, several common yellowthroats, lots of catbirds. Heard Wood Thrush and redstart.
On a nest box at the pond at the Mystery Trail,
a female hooded merganser: http://www.flickr.com/photos/68961563@N02/8728108071/in/photostream/
Finally, we got great looks at a porcupine that we surprised while walking there!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68961563@N02/8729209728/in/photostream/

Back at home, the first bobolinks are singing on the field, and the first hummingbirds came by this morning.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68961563@N02/8729232052/in/photostream/