UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2009, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cynthia Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cynthia Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 2009 16:07:43 -0400
Sorry folks- tried to forward my ebird posting -didn't come out as a list as
I had intended.

So here's what I meant to post:

Saw a Barred Owl in the woods Sat. around 3 PM. Have been hearing them ,
also sometimes in the afternoon.
Saw/heard FOY Scarlet Tanager also Saturday. After the storm (1 inch hail!
power out!)  we saw and photographed a Baltimore Oriole snacking high in the
trees. This is unusual for my mostly wooded environs. Used to see them 10
years ago or more when there was more open land around.
This AM (Sunday, saw/heard Ovenbird and Hermit Thrush.
We have a flock of Evening Grosbeaks- about 8+, and Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks,
also at least 8. Saw 5 males at once.  Much ado at the feeders.
Phoebes are building a nest on our house- a little platform we've had there
for them several years.

Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford
Beaver Meadow, Norwich