UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2012, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2012 22:06:16 -0400
The bluebird nest in Norwich's Hillside Cemetery had 3 chicks 3-4 days
old at 7:30 this morning.  On my last previous check on the evening of
4/27, there were 3 eggs.  Last spring I first found chicks in this nest
box on 5/8.

A quick morning run upriver indicated that very little migration
occurred overnight.  Nothing of interest on the water, and a singing
Warbling Vireo at the Pompy Oxbow site was the only notable bird.

Chris

--
Chris Rimmer
Vermont Center for Ecostudies