UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2008, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Becky Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Becky Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:33:25 -0400
A reminder:

The Mascoma Chapter of NH Audubon presents

Wednesday, Oct 1, 2008, 7pm

George Clark, Ornithologist: “BOOKS FOR UPPER VALLEY BIRDING”

Long winter evenings provide a great opportunity to curl up with a
good bird book. Our program on October 1 will include a variety of
bird books which might be helpful for Upper Valley birders: field
guides, regional guides, state books, and books specific for
particular kinds of birds. Examples of these books will be available
to examine. Our discussion will include uses for these books and pros
and cons of different kinds of book presentations, such as paintings
versus photos as used in field guides.

Howe Library, E. South St.,   Hanover, NH (Mayer Room)
Contact: Ted Boze at 802 649-1047, or e-mail [log in to unmask]

Visit Mascomabirds.com for a schedule of future events.