UV-BIRDERS Archives

December 2011, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2011 22:37:07 -0500
Maybe this bird has been reported already, but today I saw a pair of Canada
Geese at Runnemede on the ice at the edge of the water. One was standing
with a wing down, and clearly injured. The other , I suspect, is it's
faithful mate. I fear they will both perish- I don't know if anyone can do
rescues of this sort??  There is a thin layer of ice and they were about
500-750 feet out near some clear open water. The injured bird seemed able
to walk slowly , or perhaps hop on one foot, but it is not very mobile.

Photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33836164@N03/6546941059/in/photostream

--
Cindy

Creature Kinships and Natural Affinities
Animal and Nature Paintings, Portraits and Prints
www.creaturekinships.com
Photos: http://pbase.com/creaturekinships
BLOG: http://creature-kinships.blogspot.com/