UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2009, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Becky Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Becky Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 10:34:47 -0400
A reminder:

The Mascoma Chapter of NH Audubon announces:

Look, Up in the Sky!  Hawk ID

Wednesday, Sept 2, 2009, 7pm

To refresh our raptor identification skills in time for the fall migration we will present a slide show from the Hawk Migration Association of North America (HMANA)  that combines photographs of flying raptors, silhouettes and in-flight identification tips.

Covering 19 species of hawks and vultures, including some of the rarer species, the presentation first focuses on how to identify the major raptor families so you can narrow down an identification. Using graphics and animation it then zeroes in on the field marks and flight patterns that will identify each species as they look in flight.

Howe Library, E. South St.,   Hanover, NH (Mayer Room)
Contact: Ted Boze at 802 649-1047, or e-mail [log in to unmask]