UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2012, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2012 11:09:47 -0400
Under remarkably bright skies this morning, 21 birders participated in
a walk cosponsored by Mascoma Chapter of New Hampshire Audubon,
Hanover Conservancy, and the Upper Valley Land Trust. Starting from
the parking lot of the Dartmouth Printing Company in Hanover, NH, we
went to Wilson's Landing in Hanover and then north along River Road
with stops in Hanover and Lyme until we reached Grant Brook where we
made a loop walk through the preserve.

Among 35 species found, presumed relatively recent arrivals included a
Broad-winged Hawk by Grant Brook, a singing House Wren investigating
potential nest boxes along River Road, at least 2 singing Hermit
Thrushes, several singing Yellow-rumped Warblers, at least 5 singing
Louisiana Waterthrushes, and a number of Chipping Sparrows, at least
some of which were also singing.

Other species included Canada Goose, Wood Duck, Mallard, Hooded
Merganser, Ruffed Grouse, Mourning Dove, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker,
Hairy Woodpecker, Northern Flicker, Pileated Woodpecker, Eastern
Phoebe, Blue Jay, American Crow, Tree Swallow, Black-capped Chickadee,
Tufted Titmouse, White-breasted Nuthatch, Eastern Bluebird, American
Robin, Pine Warbler, Northern Cardinal, Song Sparrow, Swamp Sparrow,
White-throated Sparrow, Red-winged Blackbird, Brown-headed Cowbird,
Purple Finch, Pine Siskin, and American Goldfinch.

Special thanks to Dartmouth Printing Company for providing use of
their parking lot.

George Clark
Norwich, VT