UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2009, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Kent McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kent McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:16:16 -0500
Hi Everyone-
Have you wanted to use eBird but it seems too hard to learn? Maybe you
use it, but not to its full power? Have you wondered what the heck the
Avian Knowledge Network is? I am exploring to see how many people might
be interested in an eBird and Avian Knowledge Network workshop. This
would be a hands on, experiential class led by myself.

If you are interested in such a class, could you please answer a few
short questions and email them to me off-list so I can determine if this
is a good idea or not?

1. Would you like it to be a one day event or spread over several
evenings? What is a good time of year?
2. Would you be willing to pay a fee of $50? $100? More? The fee would
depend on the place we hold this workshop. If it is in a computer lab
rented from a high school or college, it would be more. If it is at VCE
on laptops and desktops put together or brought by the user, it would be
less.
3. Are you willing to travel to the Upper Valley region for the workshop?
4. Would you prefer to do the workshop online via a video conference or
webinar?
5. Any other comments or ideas, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and interest.
Kent

--
Kent McFarland