UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2012, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2012 21:06:29 -0500
Took a short little walk down the road to Lake Runnemede, and saw a lot of
birds in about 20 minutes.
Big flock robins
7 or so Starlings
Flock Cedar WW
6 House Finches- 3M, 3F
Goldfinches
B-jays
2 White-throated Sparrows-1 immature
Pair cardinals

Been a very quiet winter at home, but today, driving by a feeder on Chapel
Hill N in Norwich I stopped when I saw a flock of birds fly into the trees.
First sighting (for me) of about 15 Evening Grosbeaks. A few Blue Jays for
good measure. I hope they find my feeders a bout 1/2  mile away- they
usually do.
2 Pine Siskins have been coming in at my feeders with 15+ Goldfinches. Have
also had many pairs lately:
Purple Finch M&F
White-breasted Nuthatches
Hairy and Downy Woodpeckers
Red-breasted Nuthatches

Neat to see them arrive in pairs. Have a few xtra male Downys...

Other regulars:

Large flock of Juncos
Small flock Chickadees
Blue Jays
Ravens- once saw 7 together

And the return, finally, of Tufted Titmouse who has been MIA most of the
winter.
Non-bird- Mink in local brook

Cindy Crawford
Norwich, Vt.

--
Cindy

Creature Kinships and Natural Affinities
Animal and Nature Paintings, Portraits and Prints
www.creaturekinships.com
Photos: http://pbase.com/creaturekinships
BLOG: http://creature-kinships.blogspot.com/