UV-BIRDERS Archives

October 2008, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jim Block <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Block <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:22:37 -0400
On August 31, 2008 I photographed some warblers in Newbury, NH.  The site
has a pond and wetlands on one side and a forest on the other.   I have put
a baker’s dozen images at
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzes1eww/jimblockphotography/id50.html

The identification of these birds is not easy for me or a few others I have
asked.  You might want to give them a try.  Here is a hint to get you
started:  D is a Yellow-rumped Warbler.  You can send the answers to me off
list if you wish prefer:  [log in to unmask]

If I receive more than a few replies I will post a tally of your opinions
leaving names out unless you wish to be identified.

On the site you will also find a much easier quiz with better images taken
just across the river in Norwich, VT on Sept. 3, 2008.  This one has answers
at the bottom of the page.  Click “Fall Migrants in Norwich QUIZ” or go to
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzes1eww/jimblockphotography/id48.html

Have fun.

Jim Block
Etna, NH