UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2013, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Doug Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2013 18:00:28 -0500
With only a slight elevation gain out of the Connecticut River valley,
our landscape remains wintery. Around our house at 1200' elevation there
isn't a bare spot of ground visible.

So I was caught off guard in observing a crow flying along Beaver Meadow
Road with nest material. The bird was carrying more sticks in it's bill
than the average cub scout can carry in two hands.

Doug Hardy
Norwich