UV-BIRDERS Archives

July 2007, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
mary holland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
mary holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2007 07:03:15 -0400
*Vermont

*Statewide

7.16.07

*VT0403.06

This is the Vermont Rare Bird Alert for July 16, 2007 covering the period
July 9 - 15, 2007.

This week's highlights include two GREAT EGRETS, one at the LaPlatte River
Marsh in Shelburne on 7/10 and the other at Muddy Brook Marsh in South
Burlington on 7/12, and a CASPIAN TERN in Grand Isle on 7/15.

A MERLIN was spotted at Northwood Park in Rutland Town on 7/10.  A PEREGRINE
FALCON was seen chasing four crows in Brandon on 7/15, only to be later
harassed by a red-winged blackbird.

A BONAPARTE'S GULL was seen in Grand Isle on 7/12.

Twenty-five KILLDEER and 2 GREATER YELLOWLEGS were seen in Charlotte on
7/13.

A TENNESSEE WARBLER, likely a migrant, was heard singing at Roy Mt. WMA in
Barnet on 7/11.

Twelve GRASSHOPPER SPARROWS, including a number of juveniles, were seen at
the Franklin County Airport on 7/15.

The Vermont Institute of Natural Science offers natural history trips,
lectures and programs.  To receive a copy of our program calendar, stop at
one of our centers, call the office during business hours at 802-359-5000 or
visit the VINS' web site at http://www.vinsweb.org
<http://www.vinsweb.org/>.

This Vermont birding report is a service of the Vermont Institute of Natural
Science.  VINS is a non-profit, membership organization located in Quechee
with a regional center in Manchester.  Founded in 1972, VINS' mission is to
protect our natural heritage through education and research. Your membership
supports these goals and this reporting service.  Updates are typically made
on Fridays.  Please report your sightings of rare or

unusual birds to VINS, or email reports to [log in to unmask]

If you have any interesting birds to report, you can send your sightings to
the RBA via e-mail at:  [log in to unmask] .  Or enter your sightings on
Vermont eBird at http://www.ebird.org/VINS/.

 Mary Holland

Chris Rimmer

Kent McFarland