UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2010, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Harold M. Swartz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2010 22:14:24 -0400
Looking more carefully I found that the subject heading but not the
content explained what was meant by PRWA. But in the meantime I spent
some time on google and came up with "Standard abbreviations for
common names of birds - In most instances where two birds would have
had identical abbreviations, ..... PRWA
  I wonder what we gain by using such abbeviations beside indicating
that we are very sophisticated people and perhaps we might do better
by investing in a few extra key strokes and communicating better with
the peasants.

Hal

Harold Swartz, M.D., Ph. D.
Professor of Radiology and Physiology