UV-BIRDERS Archives

November 2012, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
don mccabe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
don mccabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2012 20:17:52 -0500
While traveling on I-91 yesterday near the Wilder exit, a flash of white and brown caught my eye on the grassy bank. It was an adult bald eagle swooping down for a kill no more than 100 feet from the breakdown lane. Courageous, or hungry, or both, he held on to his prey as he watched the cars go by.
Good to see these magnificent birds of prey  making a comeback in the Upper Valley.

Don