UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2015, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Lila Ollmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lila Ollmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2015 09:12:15 -0400
I had a large flock of about 40 red-wings visiting my feeder and large cedar on Tuesday.. Most seemed to be first year (?) males, with brown edges to feathers, some with only faint red on shoulders, but there was ONe among them that I believe was female... Much lighter on throat with more definite markings, and no traces of red.
    In the mix were 2 male Brown headed cowbirds, and 3 male Grackles

a Sent from my iPhone