UV-BIRDERS Archives

February 2013, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2013 19:03:20 -0500
The next bird walk in the 2013 Windsor County Birding Quest series is
to be held in Wilder, VT, from 8:00 to 10:30 AM on Saturday February
23, 2013. George Clark is to lead on a 2 mile road walk over fairly
level terrain in the village section of Wilder to be followed by
looking for mergansers and eagles downstream from the Wilder Dam.
We'll be interested to see whether any early spring migrants can be
found. This walk is free and open to the public. Bring binoculars and
scopes if available and dress warmly. This walk will not be held in
case of steady rain or hazardous driving conditions.

Road instructions: From Exit 12 off I-91 in Wilder, VT, turn east
towards Route 5. On reaching Route 5 (Hartford Avenue), turn left.
Continue to the fourth right turn onto Depot Street. Take the next
left (onto Norwich Avenue), and then an immediate right going over the
new bridge to Passumpsic Avenue. There turn right toward the Wilder
Dam and continue to the 8 AM meeting site in the first parking lot on
the right.

George Clark
Norwich, VT