UV-BIRDERS Archives

January 2009, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Anne Mitts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Mitts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:38:25 -0500
Hi,
The Bohemian Waxwings were back at my apple tree again yesterday
afternoon here in Newport NH. There were only about 20 or so and among
them were 2 robins. I will be posting pics at my blog
http://emeraldsnaturepics.blogspot.com/.
I meant to post new pics this week but my husband had a heart attack early
on Monday and things have been very hectic. I hope to post today.
On Monday after a long morning at the hospital, it was so healing for me to
walk out to my car at the DHMC parking lot and hear that familiar sound of a
flock of Bohemian Waxwings. I actually stood there in the cold and watched
as they flew around from tree to tree. This was just what I needed.
A friend told me that the robins we are seeing are from cananda. Does anyone
know if this is true? Have a great weekend.   Anne