UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2011, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2011 16:51:25 -0400
A brief mid morning visit today (9/24) to Campbell Flats Road in
Norwich yielded nice views of a Brown Thrasher and a Lincoln's
Sparrow. Over 100 Canada Geese in a nearby meadow by the horse farm on
Hogback Road constituted the largest flock of that species I've seen
so far this month.

Mosquitoes this morning in the vicinity of Campbell Flats Road were
more numerous than I can recall for any previous fall season in any
Norwich location.

George Clark
Norwich, VT