UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2010, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Becky Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Becky Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2010 10:36:57 -0400
We had our second Warbler Wednesday of the season at Boston Lot this morning.  12 of us saw a nice variety of birds with good looks at many.  Details follow.

Becky

 Location:     NH - Boston Lot Lake
Observation date:     5/5/10
Notes:     Beautiful morning, highlights included very close and clear singing winter wren, vocally dueling ovenbirds, and an animated discussion of brown-headed cowbird vs grackle vs rusty blackbird - the cowbird won.<br>Not listed was the blue-headed and/or yellow-throated vireo, coulda been one of each, just can't say for sure
Number of species:     41

Canada Goose     3
Wood Duck     2
Mallard     4