UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2010, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"J. Langevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J. Langevin
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:34:10 -0400
    I had thought that my sighting of FOY RW Blackbird would be at George Pond or near the
head of Mascoma Lake.  However, this AM I heard him first, the familar Chink several times then the
kon-ka-reeee.  I finally located him high ontop of one of my evergreen trees in the back yard.
A few minutes after I entered the house I looked out at the feeders.  Sure enough he was
near the small feeders then flew to the ground to eat.  I also thought I heard another off in the
distance.
    Also at the feeders today Juncos and M. Purple Finch with plenty of Chickadees.
    Time to recheck and clean out the bird houses.
    Can hardly wait for the first Tree Swallow.
J. Langevin
Enfield Center