UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2015, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Sara Eisenhauer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara Eisenhauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2015 18:22:05 -0400
At 6:10pm several flocks of Canada Geese flew low over cornfields, many of which circled several times as if contemplating landing, though none did.  Within a group of CAGOs that split off, flying low, I was able to hear and visually identify 4 Greater White-fronted Geese.

I would suspect this area will be promising in the near future with waterfowl...though most of the water patches are still frozen in the field.

Also, on the way to this location traveling on RT 5 south, there were several "ponds" in fields, containing Wood Ducks, Green-winged Teals, and Mallards.

Hooray for spring migration!!

Sara - Norwich, VT

Sent from my iPhone