UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2007, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Joel Teenyanoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joel Teenyanoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2007 00:57:53 -0400
We awoke Saturday morning to seeing our feeder having been taken down and shattered.  The retaining arm was bent completely downward.  A bear, what else?  It was the last of our black oil sunflowers and it went to something hungrier than the backyard birds of East Thetford.  The good news is that we will hopefully acquire new (squirrel-proof) feeders for next winter.  If you're thinking of continuing to feed the birds, ensure that only birds can engage in feeding from a well-situated feeder.

                        Joel Teenyanoff
                        East Thetford, VT