UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2010, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Krenitsky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Krenitsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2010 11:15:42 -0400
Yesterday morning(May 5th), I saw an immature Bald Eagle sitting on the
shoreline at Spectacle Pond, Croydon. I drove by it a couple times, but
by the time I got parked in a place I could view it, it was gone.

This morning, we saw a Nashville Warbler in our apple tree, along with 2
male Baltimore Orioles, and a half dozen Goldfinches.

Other resident birds are a pair of Bluebirds, Tree Swallows, a couple
American Woodcock, a Winter Wren, and a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker...these
we have seen or heard at least every other day for the past week.

Mark Krenitsky