UV-BIRDERS Archives

August 2008, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"David A. Merker" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David A. Merker
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2008 10:39:18 -0400
I went to see the Kites in New Market last weekend. Nice birds. We saw the male & female & baby.
The chick was quite small maybe 2 weeks old, so there is still ample time to see them. Best to go when the dragon flies are out on a sunny day....wishful thinking...They are most active then. But it was overcast and no dragonflies around so we waited and finally got both adults off the nest perched in trees within 25 yards...very cooperative. Park at the highschool walk up the street couldn't be easier. Scope is really needed to see into the nest tree.

David Merker
Human Resources
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
603-653-0435