UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2013, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2013 23:25:38 -0400
An early evening run up to Pompy produced a few nice birds:

Pompy Farms oxbow: 1 Osprey, 1 Swamp Sparrow

Kendall Station: 2 Gadwall, 2 Blue-winged Teal, 2 Green-winged Teal, 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet, 1 Chipping Sparrow, 1 Am. Tree sparrow (getting
late...).  I'm 95% certain I had a calling (but unseen) Solitary
Sandpiper from the shore of the pond between Rt. 5 and the RR tracks  It
called several times, but I couldn't get a visual. Lighting was terrible
- I was looking directly into the sun - so I never saw it,  but it
definitely wasn't a Spotted.

Pirouette Farm fields (Hogback Rd): 2 female American Kestrels.

Chris

--
Chris Rimmer
Vermont Center for Ecostudies