UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2010, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 2010 20:57:10 -0400
Ok so I started the day in Burlington at a kids hockey tournament.

Found singing Savannah Sparrow (2) and a Field Sp singing.  1 Eastern
Kingbird.

My payback from the two lads (1 mine) was they were commondeered to the
Berlin Airport and Berlin Pond, both excellent bird sites.

We counted, I bet, no less than 20 singing male Savannah Sps, many of whom
were singing from the fence surrounding the runways.

The airport is always a good spot to look for Ea Meadowlarks.  Alas, we
found 2...oh, such a sweet song.

Pond gave us Ring-neck Ducks (6), 2 Hoodies and 1 F Bufflehead.

Swamp Sparrows, 1 Yellow Warbler, 1 Canada W, 1 Pine W, bunch Yelow rumps, 2
Northern Waterthrushs, 1 No Parula, 1 Pileated, 1 Hermit Th, Bl thr Geen W,
Ruby -cr Kinglets, Warbling Vireo, and  a Winter Wren.

Then when we got home the fun just continued !!

1 BA Oriole !!   1 Gr-cr Flycatcher,   1 Gr Catbird,   and several
White-crowned Sparrows by the feeder.

And a Spring Azure and a Red Admiral butterfly.

Wow... does life get any better ??

Bill S