UV-BIRDERS Archives

June 2014, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2014 19:59:28 -0400
Windsor County 2014 Birding Quest is holding a bird walk at the
Windsor State Farms Corrections property in Windsor, VT, from 7:30 to
10:00 AM on Saturday June 14, 2014. We'll be looking for breeding
birds in a variety of habitats including extensive open fields, brushy
areas, and woodlands. This walk is free and open to the public. Bring
binoculars, insect repellent, and drinking water, and be prepared to
walk as much as two miles over uneven terrain. Leaders are to include
Chris Rimmer, Ed Hack, and George Clark.

We'll meet at 7:30 AM in the pull-off by the small red outbuilding
along Marton Road just north of State Farm Road and look for birds
until around 10 AM.

Those wishing to carpool from towns to the north should meet at 7:00
AM in the Ledyard Bridge commuter parking lot off River Road in
Norwich. We'll aim to return to Norwich by 10:30 AM.

George Clark
Norwich, VT