UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2009, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Krenitsky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Krenitsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 2009 16:55:21 -0400
The gate at Pillsbury State Park is still closed, so we walked in to the
big parking area, birdwatching as we went. I estimate we saw at least 50
Yellow-rumped Warblers, but the species count was down from Saturday at
Boston Lot Lake...only six warbler species. New species were Common
Yellowthroat, Ovenbird, and Gray Catbird.

As an aside, that's a pretty early Ovenbird, isn't it?  And at
Pillsbury, which is pretty high elevation too...though it is further
south than Lebanon.

Highlights:

Wood Duck(3)

Common Loon