UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2009, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Doug Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2009 09:51:17 -0400
Don McCabe's effort towards a park at Foley Point is well worthwhile, as
many UVBirders will realize!

Here are some links to more information. Note that there will be a
presentation at the Norwich Selectboard meeting tonight at 6:30pm.

This site has been on the Connecticut River Birding Trail for some time.
  <http://www.ctriverbirdingtrail.org/>

Here is an image from Google Earth, for location:
  <http://www.geo.umass.edu/climate/doug/orn/foley_point.jpg>

eBird lists 93 species of birds reported from the area, and surely there
are others! Go here to see a list:
  <http://tinyurl.com/pwwnjd>
Which is the same site as this long URL:
 <http://ebird.org/ebird/vt/GuideMe?reportType=location&bMonth=01&bYear=1900&eMonth=12&eYear=2009&parentState=US-VT&countries=US&states=US-VT&getLocations=myLocs&myLocs=L209036&continue.x=52&continue.y=8>
And the same list as a 1-page PDF:
  <http://www.geo.umass.edu/climate/doug/orn/ledyard_birds.pdf>

Thanks Don!