UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2014, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2014 14:09:55 -0400
This nice morning Ed Hack and I looked for birds in northeastern
Norwich, VT, from the vicinity of Stevens Road southward to Kendall
Station Road, but did not visit either Pompy or the Campbell Flats
area. Among highlights of more than 45 bird species we encountered
were 4 Wild Turkeys, 3 Great Blue Herons, 2 Turkey Vultures feeding on
the remains of carcass of a large unidentified mammal in a field, an
Osprey plunge diving to haul away a colorful goldfish from a farm
pond, a singing Warbling Vireo, Tree, Cliff, and Barn Swallows, a Blue-
gray Gnatcatcher, 6 species of warblers including 2 singing Northern
Waterthrushes, and 2 American Redstarts, several singing Savannah
Sparrows, a few Bobolinks which were singing, and a repeatedly singing
Eastern Meadowlark seen in the Stevens Road area.

George Clark
Norwich, VT