UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2007, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
PAMELA HUNT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PAMELA HUNT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:53:11 -0400
For people not on the NH.Birds listserve:

Back in Feb Eric Masterson "found" a good waterfowl roost above Vernon Dam
in Hinsdale.  At that point it had Ring-necked Duck, Wood Duck, and I think
a shoveler. In the last week the number of waterfowl has grown to phenomenal
levels, with some 3000 Canada Geese, 200+ Green-winged Teal, 44 pintail,
etc.  But the icing has been the 5 Greater White-fronted Geese, 2-4 Cackling
Geese, and most recently a Barnacle Goose.

Pam Hunt
Penacook, NH