UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2009, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
PAMELA HUNT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PAMELA HUNT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:27:38 -0400
Greetings all,

One needn't worry about birds having problems finding food at this time of
year if people take their feeders down. There is no evidence that I'm aware
of out there that birds rely on feeders, and if human-provided food is not
available they will simply go find food elsewhere. Right now, with melting
snow (exposing last fall's seeds) and the first insects emerging, there is
plenty to eat out there.

Pam Hunt
NH Audubon