UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2008, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Daniel Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:00:21 -0700
Hello-

The Mascoma Chapter of NH Audubon hosted a field trip
on Saturday, March 29 to search for waterfowl migrants
along the Connecticut River.  We followed Eoute 12A
south from West Lebanon, to Claremont, Charlsetown,
Herrick's cove and then route 5 back to Lebanon.

Despite the cold and wind we had a great day:

Turkey Vulture

Common Goldeneye
Common Merganser
Hooded Merganser
Mallard
Black Duck
Wood Duck
Bufflehead
Canada Goose
Snow Goose

Ring-billed Gull

Bald Eagle - immature
Accipiter sp.
American Kestrel - male

Killdeer

American Crow
American Robin
Blue Jay
Mourning Dove
Red-winged Blackbird - male
RUSTY BLACKBIRD - male and female
Common Grackle
European Starling
Black-capped Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
Hairy Woodpecker
Song Sparrow

Please visit our website for a schedule of upcoming
meetings and field trips (mascomabirds.com).

Thank you!

Dan Hopkins