UV-BIRDERS Archives

December 2011, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2011 19:09:30 -0500
Wayne and I went birding along the Conn. River, Rt. 5 and Pompy around 3:30
PM today.  At Kendall Station we saw a very odd collection of mallards,
black ducks and hybrids. Photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33836164@N03/sets/72157628655795113/

Still guessing what combinations we were seeing. Any thoughts?

Then we went to Campbell Flats, saw nothing , but on the way back to rt. 5
just past the highway overpass were watching 15 Rock Doves, and suddenly
some big birds started flying towards the marsh. Altogether, 6 immature
Bald Eagles landed and seemed to be feeding there. Watched for about 10
minutes, then they flew into pine trees near the boat landing. Three of
them seemed to be settling in for the night.
Got some photos and video- will post later. Was pretty dark by the time we
left around 4:30.

Happy CBC tomorrow. Maybe they will all still be around!

Cindy Crawford and Wayne Cripps

Creature Kinships and Natural Affinities
Animal and Nature Paintings, Portraits and Prints
www.creaturekinships.com
Photos: http://pbase.com/creaturekinships
BLOG: http://creature-kinships.blogspot.com/