UV-BIRDERS Archives

August 2008, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Ruth Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ruth Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:14:57 -0400
A pair of very large and noisy hawks have nested in my backyard. We live on
aptly named Hawk Pine Road, but this is the first time in over two decades that
hawks have been so close. They are swooping around and taking charge of our
yard, giving us quite a show. We are inexperienced birders but think they are
goshawks. Any thoughts?
Ruth Hall