UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2013, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jeff MacQueen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff MacQueen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2013 07:26:06 -0400
An Eastern Bluebird was back on my property this morning, perched on one of my nest boxes. I stopped at the Richmond Conservation Land yesterday afternoon and had a singing Song Sparrow along with a pair of Hooded Mergansers, Red-winged Blackbirds, Common Grackles and an American Robin. Robins seem scarce so far this spring in the Upper Valley, especially compared to last winter and spring. Reeds Marsh turned up more Hooded Mergansers, Canada Geese and a mature Bald Eagle chasing an immature over the marsh.