UV-BIRDERS Archives

June 2012, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2012 21:58:53 -0400
This morning's Windsor County Quest outing featured unexpectedly good
weather and excellent birding.  About 20 people gathered at the Windsor
State Farm Corrections property, where we found pairs of both Blue- and
Golden-winged Warblers feeding young, had an extended look at a
Black-billed Cuckoo, and listened to both Alder and Willow Flycatchers
singing side by side.  We then stopped at the junction of Marton and
Hunt roads, where we had close encounters with an American Bittern and
Wilson Snipe.  Our final stop was at the Simon Pearce floodplain forest,
where we found pairs of Yellow-billed Cuckoos and Blue-gray
Gnatcatchers, but no Red-bellied Woodpeckers or Yellow-throated Vireos.

A great morning!

Chris

--
Chris Rimmer