UV-BIRDERS Archives

November 2012, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2012 19:18:28 -0500
On Saturday December 1, 2012, Windsor County 2012 Birding Quest is to
hold a bird walk along the Connecticut River from 8:00 to 11:00 AM.
We'll start in the Wilder section of Hartford, VT, and thereafter
continue northward, with a series of stops, perhaps reaching, if time
allows, Kendall Station Road in Norwich. Chris Rimmer and George Clark
are to lead. This bird walk is free and open to the public. Bring
binoculars and scopes if available. Dress warmly. Participants should
be prepared to walk as much as 2 miles. We'll be looking for late
migrants and wintering birds on both land and water.

In case of adverse weather or hazardous driving conditions on the 1st,
this walk is to be held at the same time on the next day (Dec. 2).

Road instructions: From Exit 12 off I-91 in Wilder, turn east onto
Bugbee Street and continue to the junction with Route 5. Turn left
onto Route 5. Go north on Route 5, and take the fourth right turn onto
Depot Street. Follow Depot Street past the Post Office on the left and
shortly thereafter turn left onto Norwich Avenue. Almost immediately,
turn right to pass over the new bridge leading to Passumpsic Avenue.
Turn right onto Passumpsic and continue to the first opening through
the guard rail on the right where a parking lot will be the starting
point at 8:00 AM. Please meet at this large lot rather than use the
other parking areas available in that vicinity. For the remainder of
the time we'll plan to carpool where feasible.

George Clark
Norwich, VT